The Hole of Horcum

The Hole of Horcum
The Hole of Horcum and Levisham Moor, taken from the Whitby to Pickering road

Thursday 17 October 2013

Buttertubs Marsh. Nanaimo.

A gentle day today, an easy walk around the wetlands of Buttercup Marsh, sunny and warm around 16/17c. perfect for a walk with lots of stops to look over the wetlands.                                                    
 Looking over the lake.
 
About to land or should that be about to swim.
 
Having a siesta in the afternoon sun, well its a ducks life.
 
Not a brilliant pic. right on the limit of my imitation fuji bigboy A turtle sunbathing with some Canada Geese.

 
Not sure if this is a Song Sparrow or Fox Sparrow. I'm sure one of my Alsacien birdy buddies Francois and Bernard will enlighten me.
 
This is the Buttertubs Trail as it winds its way round the lake.

 
I put this pic. in cause I think its pretty.                                                         
Tomorrow Thursday we will be moving a short distance north to Qualicum Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment