The Hole of Horcum

The Hole of Horcum
The Hole of Horcum and Levisham Moor, taken from the Whitby to Pickering road

Friday 6 September 2013

After a day off a climb up Giants Head Mountain

After visiting the dentist yesterday morning and taking it easy in the afternoon, we decided on a hike up a mountain today. I needed to walk off the the shock of a dentist visit, having the tooth pulled wasn't so bad, it was paying the bill afterwards that sent me into shock.
 
The beginning of the hike, looking back over Summerland and Lake Okanagan.
 
From a bit higher, I had the idea I would take the same view from different heights, but the switchbacks wouldn't co-operate .
 
This view is looking across Prairie Valley, it runs westwards this shot is across the valley looking north.
 
The final part or so I thought, there was more to come.
 
Just short of the summit.
 
Made it, an hour and a half, I was a little puffed when we reached the top.
 
 The view looking southeast a little hazy I'm afraid.
Giants Head Mountain is 845 meters, 2771 feet tall, and is called that because the top of the mountain resembles a giants head.

No comments:

Post a Comment